The Windrush Cymru Elders was established by Mrs Roma Taylor in 2017 as part of Race Council Cymru. They are a proactive group of 50+ elders who promote understanding of ethnic minority elders concerns, needs whilst celebrating key milestones and marking the contributions of people of African descent. The group meets weekly in Cardiff to enjoy each other’s company and take part in creative activities in and around Wales. Race Council Cymru staff and the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama provide support and meeting facilities!
- To bring together and foster understanding amongst older people from the diverse communities in Wales.
- To promote recreational social activities, mutual support and joint aid among our members.
- To establish community engagement with the Older Peoples Commission and other Welsh public, private and third sector bodies as relevant for the benefit of members.
- To use art, dance, drama and music to share culture and experiences.
- Is aged 50 or over
- Lives in Wales
- Supports the aims of the WINDRUSH CYMRU ELDERS Group