Project Title: The Grand Memory: Past | Present | Future
Role: Documentary and/or Social Photographer
Freelance Contract for Services
Deadline: 25 January 2021
Interview: 1 February 2021
Race Council Cymru has an exciting new opportunity for a lead photographer to participate in The Grand Memory: Past | Present | Future project.
The Grand Memory: Past, Present, Future, sponsored by The National Lottery Heritage Fund, aims to capture people’s memories of what the Grand building means to them, whether they have lived in Swansea, migrated to the area or worked within the building. The project shows their stories using photos and interviews indicating how the building has evolved over the years to where it is today and how it has captured the hearts of many.
The project’s final outcome is an exhibition titled The Grand Memory: Past | Present | Future at the Grand. We are looking for a photographer who will work closely with the project manager to take photographs of the project’s participants within the Grand building.
This job creates an opportunity for you to develop a professional portfolio of work and participate in a live project. You will have a chance to exhibit your work in one of the biggest cultural institutions in Swansea. This project will develop you professionally as well as creatively.
• Work closely with the project manager to create and discuss the creative concept of the project
• Work in accordance with the creative concept to get the right images for the exhibition
• Carry out research and preparation for the shoots
• Work in different circumstances and locations to get high-quality images
• Manage the processing of images and solve technical problems
• Ensure high quality of photographs
• Preparing photo proofs for approval
• Creating final photographs with the required quality, size and style ready for the exhibition
• Contribution to the marketing materials
• Participating in meetings and events which relate to the project
• High attention to detail
• Creative with the ability to create engaging images
• Ability to work with creative briefs
• Reliable with good communication skills
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
Advanced knowledge of various photo editing software such as Photoshop
Advanced knowledge of digital cameras and lighting techniques
If you are interested:
Email your portfolio and CV to [email protected]
We will then invite you to an interview where you can discuss your work in more detail