Job title: Black History Wales (Black History Cymru 365) Marketing, Development and Communications Manager
Location: Office base Swansea, South Wales – job role covers All Wales
Contract fee: Based on F/T salary of £33,150
Application Deadline: 6 pm Friday 22 January 2021
Interviews w/c: 25 January 2021
Any queries or further information needed please contact [email protected]
This job requires a motivated and self-driven Marketing, Development and Communications Manager who will be responsible for:
• Development and delivery of the marketing strategy which satisfies the Black History Wales’ overall strategic objectives in year 2021.
• Taking the responsibility for strategic and tactical delivery of the Black History Wales campaign 2021.
• Creation and delivery of offline and online promotions and communications.
• Working closely with the team and to satisfy various stakeholders’ requirements including sponsors, partners, funders and management committee.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic and tactical delivery of the Black History Wales campaign 2021 including:
1. To increase the number of participants at various art events, activities and projects
2. To research new audiences which can be targeted during Black History Wales 2021
1. To develop, manage, monitor and maintain multiple campaigns related to Black History
Wales in year 2021
2. Ability to write creative briefs and work with external agencies and freelancers
3. Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud
Online and Offline promotion
1. Maintain Black History Wales website and gallery using WordPress
2. Create content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
3. To develop and design effective campaigns which can be shares online and offline
4. Promotion of events online and offline
1. To satisfy requirements from various stakeholders, sponsors and partners
2. To research and develop new partnerships with organisations with similar aims and
• Knowledge of WordPress including building new pages using WPBakery
• Knowledge of using Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and
• Ability to work with a variety of platforms such as Mailchimp and Social Pilot.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Great communication skills verbal and written
• Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in regular team/ staff meetings
• Represent RCC at meetings and events when required
• Facilitate meetings with new strategic partners and sponsors
• Participate in training and development as required
• To work safely, and in accordance with the RCC code of conduct and confidentiality
• To work respectfully with RCC staff, volunteers and community members, boards and
BHW steering and management committees and stakeholders
• Any other duties which may be required for this post