Project Title: The Grand Memory: Past | Present | Future
Role: Graphic Designer
Freelance Contract for Services
Deadline: 25 January 2021
Interview: 1 February 2021
Race Council Cymru has an exciting new opportunity for a graphic designer to create a visual brand identity for The Grand Memory: Past | Present | Future project.
The Grand Memory: Past, Present, Future, sponsored by The National Lottery Heritage Fund, aims to capture people’s memories of what the Grand building means to them, whether they have lived in Swansea, migrated to the area, or worked within the building. The project shows their stories using photos and interviews indicating how the building has evolved over the years to where it is today and how it has captured the hearts of many.
The project’s final outcome is an exhibition titled The Grand Memory: Past | Present | Future at the Grand. We are looking for a graphic designer who will work closely with the project manager to design a visual identity of the exhibition.
This job creates an opportunity for you to develop a professional portfolio of work and participate in a live project. You will have a chance to promote your work in one of the biggest cultural institutions in Swansea. This project will develop you professionally as well as creatively, since you will be working with a creative brief and other creative practitioners.
• Work closely with the project manager to discuss the creative concept of the project
• Work in accordance with the creative concept to get the right branding for the exhibition including logo, social media assets, short publication, typography, posters and any other graphic elements needed
• Production of the branding guidelines
• Provide all the designs in Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator files (if necessary)
• Ensure high quality of graphic images
• Present exhibition identity to project manager and others
• Creating final designs with the required quality, size and style ready for the exhibition
• Contribution to the marketing materials
• Participating in meetings and events which relate to the project
• Creative with an ability to create engaging images
• Availability to work with creative briefs
• Reliable with good communication skills
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
Advanced knowledge of various graphic software including Adobe Creative Cloud
If you are interested:
Email your portfolio and CV to [email protected]
We will then invite you to an interview where you can discuss your work in more detail